Monday, December 1, 2008

Heavy Chains

Pagi tadi...aku terbaca berita sedih ni...

Drummer Munetaka Higuchi of veteran Japanese metallers LOUDNESS passed away today (Sunday, November 30) around 10:00 a.m. (Japan Standard Time) at a hospital in Osaka, Japan. He was 49 years old.

Higuchi was diagnosed with liver cancer (Hepatocellular Carcinoma) in April 2008. He had reportedly undergone two rounds of chemotherapy treatment and an operation to remove part of his liver.

In an October 18, 2008 statement released via the band's official web site, Munetaka wrote about his condition (translated from Japanese), "It has been half a year since I was diagnosed with liver cancer. I am really sorry that the fans are worried. The cancer has become worse despite the fact that I have been taking care of my health, and I will need more time for my treatment. [Even after undergoing the] big operation to remove half of my liver, I still need more treatment. There are various risks and dangers involved with my condition, but I'll do my best to keep my spirits up and maintain my physical strength to fight this illness. I know it is still the middle of my treatment, but I just wanted inform you about my progress since the operation. Thank you very much for all the support."





Balik rumah...aku belek cd aku...terjumpa cd ni..loudness ni band fav. aku dulu2...zaman rock kapak...sapa x der baju loudness ni mmg tak cukup rock arr...hehe..sayangnya aku dah tak der t-shirt tu...mak aku dah buat kain buruk kot...dan sayang jugak aku tak der cd Lightning Strikes...satu lagi album fav. aku dari Loudness.

Teringat zaman2 sekolah bangin dgn air guitar ikut irama Crazy Night, Like Hell,Let It Go, Shadow Of War...mahupun tangkap syahdu dgn lagu So Lonely, Never Change Your Mind...

Tapi untuk mengenang Munetaka Higuchi...aku letak lagu ni..lagu Loudness yg pertama aku dengar dan terus jatuh hati...teringat2 kenangan di thn 1986-1988....zaman tak ingat dunia...zaman Youth gone Wild...

To Munetaka...thanks for the memories...

3 comments:

  1. akira takasaki adalah gitaris ribut yg paling ribut seributnya, gua suka loudness punya 'soldier of fortune' masa zaman Mike Vescara (yg lepas tu jadi vokalis Malmsteen)

    *Thunder in the East adalah legend, first album for US market, Heavy Chains adalah rabak, ribut dan bingit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loudness untuk budak2 melayu membesar tahun 80an...ada pengaruh nye. Yang ppm pun tahu ler ngan logo2 dorang.

    Anyway, Word Verification untuk reply aku ni ialah

    epers

    esper? kebetulan? hahaha.
    Loudness - Disillusion nye lagu

    ReplyDelete